1 cup basmati rice
¼ cup fresh or frozen peas
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon jeera
1 tablespoon oil
1/3 teaspoon white pepper powder
2 cups water
1 small tomato sliced for garnishing.
1. Wash the rice and soak for 1 hour
2. In a shallow pan heat the oil when hot add the jeera
3. Drain the rice and add it to the hot oil
4. Gently stir so that all rice grains are covered in oil(this stops rice grains from sticking together)
5. Add the salt and pepper powder.
6. Add 2 cups water.
7. Bring the rice to boil.
8. Cover the pan and turn the heat to lowest setting.
9. Cook for 25 mins (DO NOT OPEN PAN LID IN THIS TIME)
10. After 25 minutes open the pan and this time fluff the rice with a fork and transfer to serving dish.
Garnish with tomato slices.