Chocolate cake-A scrumptious chocolate cake,moist, velvety,simple chocolicious and melts in the mouth and chocolate lovers heaven.
10 oz sugar
6oz softened butter
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
6 oz natural low fat yoghurt
8 oz self raising flour
2 oz cocoa
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
For the icing:
2 oz softened butter
2 oz cocoa
3 tablespoons milk
12 oz icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325 F
2. Grease abaking tin and dust it with flour ,keep aside.
3. Mix together the sugar and butter and mix till smooth.
4. Mix together the eggs, yoghurt and vanilla essence and add to the butter sugar mixture.
5. Sieve the cocoa, flour and bicarbonate of soda,
6. Gently fold the dry ingredients with the wet, do not over mix.
7. Pour into greased cake tn and cook for approx 40 minutes.
8. Leave to cool .
1.Melt the butter in a pan
2.Add the icing sugar and cocoa and milk
3. Mix throughly and spread over the cake.
(For devils chocolatety cake reduce the icing sugar to 4 oz and add 8 oz milk chocolate instead. To make this icing you will need to folow steps 1 and 2 then melt that chocolate and add to icing.)
You may like:
Chocolate crunch Barfi
This recipe was submitted to: