1 large aubergine
1 medium onion finely diced
2 medium tomatoes finely diced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
1 teaspoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon fresh chopped coriander for garnish.
1 tablespoon oil
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1. Wash and prick the aubergine with a fork.
2. Place the aubergine on a tray and place in a hot oven for 20 mins or till its soft and charred
3. Remove aubergine from oven and peel the skin off and discard, finely chop up the flesh .
4. In a pan heat the oil ,add mustard seeds.
5. Add the onions and garlic and cook till onions are translucent.
6. Add the tomatoes and salt, chilli powder, turmeric cumin powder and coriander powder.
5.Cook till tomatoes softened and oil starts to separate ,add tomato puree.
6.Add the roasted baighan and mix.
7. Add 2 table spoons water and cook for 5 minutes till spices are blended in aubergine.
8.Transfer to serving dish and garnish with fresh coriander.
Serve with hot rotis.