Muthia dhokla-A variation in gujarati dhokla . A combination of wheat, bajra and chick pea flour( besan)mixed with courgettes and fresh fenugreek( methi)steamed. Seasoned with ginger ,spices and chillies served sauted with a tadka .
8 oz wheat flour
2 oz besan flour
2 oz bajra flour
2 oz fresh chopped methi leaves
2 medium courgettes grated with skin on
1 teaspoon ginger puree
4 green chillies finely chopped
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon eno salts
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
2 tablespoons oil
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
2 dry red chillies
1. Add wheat flour,besan and bajra flour to grated courgettes.
2.Add the ginger, chillies,salt,turmeric and chilli powder oil and eno salts.
3.Make a dough using 1-2 tablespoons water.
4. Form small 2 inch sausage shapes (muthia shapes) and place in steamer .
5.Steam for 35-40 minutes and allow to cool
6.When cool slice the muthia into 1 cm rounds.
7. Heat the oil for tadka in a wok, when hot add the mustard seeds, red chilli and the seasame seeds.
8. Add the sliced muthia and stir fry till slightly crispy and takes colours.
9. Transfer to serving dish .
Enjoy with cup of tea.
This post submitted to: