Monday, 23 February 2009
8oz ready to roll puff pastry
4oz peas frozen or fresh coarsely ground
4 oz potatoes finely diced
4 oz carrots grated
4 oz frozen or tinned sweet corn
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1/2 teaspoon clove powder
1 tablespoon oil
1. In a pan heat the oil add the peas, carrots,sweetcorn and potatoes.
2. Add the turmeric,salt, cinnamon powder,clove powder and chilli powder.Mix
3. Cook till vegtables tender, add lemon juice and sugar and mix.
4. Remove from heat and cool.
5. Roll out the puff pastry in a 12 inch X12 inch square
6. Cut into nine 4 inch X 4 inch squares.
7. Place a spoon full of filling in corner of pastry square and fold over to form triangle.
8. Seal the edges using a little water and then press down all edges with fork.
9. Bake in oven at 180-200 degrees for 25 minutes until puffed up and golden brown
10. Serve with Salad.
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.