Friday, 1 May 2009
Tindora and corn sabji (dry)
8 oz tindora washed and quartered
1 bowl sweet corn kernels
1 teaspoon garlic paste
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon chilli powdersalt to taste
1 tablespoon tomato puree or paste
½ teaspoon mustard seeds
1/ teaspoon ground coriander powder
½ teaspoon ground cumin powder
1 tablespoon fresh chopped coriander for garnish
1 tablespoon oil
2 tablespoons water
1. Pour oil in a pan and season with mustard seeds.
2. Next add the garlic and sauté till the raw smell is gone.
3. Add the tindora, corn, turmeric, red chilli powder, salt , jeera powder, coriander powder. Mix
4. Add the two tablespoon of water to the tomato puree and add the vegetables. Stir fry till the vegetables are tender but still crisp .
5. Transfer to a serving dish
6. Garnish with fresh coriander.
Serve with rice or roti.
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.