Tuesday, 19 January 2010
Apple and Sesame fillo pastry parcels.
Apple and Sesame Fillo pastry parcels.-Baked to perfection, golden brown crispy fillo pastry filled with blend of piquant apples and sesame seeds. Delicately sweetened with brown sugar and gently flavoured with a hint of cinnamon. A scrumptious, fresh and healthy dessert.
Makes 6 parcels
2 crisp eating apples
1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
4 tablespoons brown sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon spice
2 tablespoons melted butter for brushing pastry.
18 sheets fillo pastry (approx 24cmx24 cm each sheet)
1 teaspoon confectioners sugar for dusting.
1. Peel and core the apples and dice into small pieces.
2. In a bowl add the apples, sesame seeds brown sugar and cinnamon.
3. Toss till apples are coated with sesame seed and sugar mixture. Keep aside
4. Pre heat oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
5. Each parcel will need 3 sheets of fillo pastry. (Keep remainder covered with damp cloth otherwise it will dry out.)
6. Brush each fillo pastry square with melted butter and arrange three on top of one another to form a twelve pointed star.
7. Place 1/6th of the apple mixture in the centre of the pastry.
8. Gather up the pastry sides and twist to form a parcel.
9. Repeat for remaining pastry.
10. Place the 6 parcels on a baking sheet and bake for 15 mins until golden brown.
11. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly for 3-4 minutes.
12. Transfer to serving dish and dust with confectioner’s sugar (icing sugar)
Serve with vanilla ice cream .
You may like:
Chinese spring rolls
This post has been submitted to:
Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes-Cooking with Sesame seeds event.
Submitting to :
C.E.D.D. ~ Apples event by Raven guested hosted by simply.food.
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.