Friday, 19 March 2010
Red Cabbage and apple relish.
Red cabbage and apple relish- A delicious relish made with red cabbage and tart granny smith apples .A tangy spicy relish ideal as a sandwich filling, served on an open sandwich, rolled in a roti or stirred in some curd rice.
2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
1 granny smith apple cored and grated with skin on (This recipe works best with sharp apples)
4 green chillies finely sliced
1 teaspoon salt
Juice of half a lemon
¼ teaspoon mustard seeds
¼ teaspoon fenugreek seeds
1 tablespoon mild olive oil
½ teaspoon sugar
1. Heat oil in a pan and when hot add the mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
2. Add the cabbage and apples and stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the green chillies, lemon juice sugar and salt.
4. Stir fry for 2-3 more minutes till cabbage just wilts but still retains crunch.
5. Transfer to serving dish.
To serve Spoon generously on freshly toasted French bread slices.
NB- Store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
You may like:
Nithu's Kitchen Think beyond the usual-Fruits event.
Labels: Relish / Salsa
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.