Tuesday, 23 March 2010
Vaghareli Rotli- Chapatti in spicy yoghurt sauce
Vaghareli Rotli (chapatti in spicy yoghurt sauce) - A five minute recipe for that quick lunch. Left over chapattis cooked in a spicy yoghurt gravy.
4 left over rotis (chapattis)
1 cup natural yoghurt
2 cups water
1 tablespoon besan (chickpea flour)
1 teaspoon salt
2 green chillies finely chopped
1 red dried chilli
½ teaspoon mustard seeds
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
¼ teaspoon chilli powder
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon freshly chopped coriander
1. Cut the rotis (chapatti)into small pieces and keep aside.
2. In the blender add the water, yogurt, salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder and blend.
3. Add oil in a pan, when hot add the red chilli and mustard seeds and the yoghurt mixture.
4. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes till raw besan taste is gone and yoghurt mixture is slightly thickened.
5. Add the roti (chapatti)pieces and simmer for 2 more minutes. Add half the chopped coriander and stir in.
6. Transfer to serving dish and garnish with remaining coriander.
You may like:
Toasted cheese and tomato sandwich.
Spicy lounge-COL-Left over delicacies-event .
Labels: Ten minute recipes.
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.