Bajra ni puri-Crispy and puffy puris made from millet flour and fresh fenugreek leaves , flavoured with ajwain seeds, ginger, green chilli , salt and deep fried to golden brown .
1 cup bajra (millet flour)flour
1/2 cup wholewheat chappati flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon ginger paste
2 green chillies finely chopped
1/2 cup fresh finely chopped fenugreek leaves(methi)
1/2 teaspoon ajwain seeds
1/2 tablespoon sunflower oil
Sun flower Oil for deep frying
Water for making dough.
1. In a bowl add the millet flour and wheat flour. Rub in 1/2 tablespoon oil.
2. Add the chopped fenugreek leaves , salt, green chillies, ginger, turmeric and the ajwain seeds.
3. Make a pliable dough by adding little water.Cover dough and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
4. Divide the dough into 10-12 small balls. Roll out puris (on a plastic sheet) approx 3-4 inches in diameter.
5. Heat the oil in a pan and deep fry puris on medium heat till slightly brown in colour.
6. Drain on kitchen paper and serve with yoghurts and pickles.
NB-Millet flour tends to drink oil, do not fry on too low heat or else puris will be oily. Also rolling puris on a sheet of plastic will make it easier to lift them to fry.
You may like :
Announcing breakfastclub event-theme asian breakfast.
Event hosted by Fuss free flavours and fingers and toes