Thursday, 22 April 2010
Broad Bean (field bean) Curry
Broad bean curry (Field bean)- A healthy and nutritious vegetable cook with a blend of spices in a garlic tomato gravy.
8oz fresh or frozen broad beans.(field beans)
1 teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon garlic paste
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 tomatoes deseeded and pureed
1 teaspoon tomato puree
½ teaspoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon coriander powder
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
½ teaspoon mustard seeds
½ tablespoon fresh chopped coriander
1/2 cup water
1. Steam the broad beans in a steamer alternatively place in a microwaveable bowl with a little water and cook for 3-4 minutes till tender.
2. Heat the oil in a pan, when hot add the mustard seeds and let them splutter. Add the garlic and sauté for a few seconds. (Do not burn the garlic)
3. Add the pureed tomatoes and tomato paste.
4. Add the salt, turmeric, chilli powder, cumin and coriander powders and sauté the tomato spice mixture till tomato gravy starts to separate oil. About 5 minutes.
5. Remove the beans from the microwave and add to the tomato gravy.
6. Add half cup water and simmer till gravy thickens. (About 5 minutes.)
7. Transfer to serving dish and garnish with chopped coriander
Serve with hot rotis.
You may like:
Black eyed bean in tomato gravy.
Ruchika Cooks -My legume affair-22 and started bySusan The well seasoned cook.
Anita's Kitchen-Vegetable marathon cook with beans
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.