Thursday, 13 May 2010
Carrot Chutney- A quick and easy chutney to make, using simple ingredients such as carrots, cucumber and chillies. Piquant and spicy with a tang from the lemon juice this chutney is versatile and simply delicious with snacks such as potato bhajiyas and samosas. It can be served as a dip/salsa with tortilla chips.
2 medium carrots.
2 inch piece of cucumber
Juice of 1 lemon
½ teaspoon zest of lemon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
4 green chillies.
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
1 .Peel and dice the carrots.
2. Dice cucumber keeping the skin on.
3. Remove the stalk and seeds from the chillies and chop roughly.
4. In a blender jug add the carrots, cucumber and green chillies.
5. Add the salt, chilli powder,sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest.
6. Pulse the ingredients so that it forms a coarse chutney.
7. Taste and adjust seasoning as required to suit your palate. Chutney should be tangy and spicy and fairy coarse in texture..
Transfer to a serving dish. Keep refrigerated
Serve with Crispy potato bhajiyas.
or Pumpkin crisps.
You may like:
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.