Thursday, 6 May 2010
Five mixed bean curry.
Five mixed bean curry- A protein packed healthy and delicious curry made with an assortment of beans, cooked in a thick gravy. Beautifully spiced with an array of spices and a hint of garlic this dish is a perfect accompaniment to rice and rotis.
100 grams precooked cannelloni beans
100 grams precooked flageolet beans
100 grams precooked adzuki beans
100 grams precooked white chickpeas
100 grams precooked red kidney beans
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 medium tomatoes deseeded and blended.
1 teaspoon tomato puree
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chilli powder
½ teaspoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon coriander powder
½ teaspoon turmeric
¼ teaspoon mustard seeds
1 clove garlic finely chopped
1 tablespoon freshly chopped coriander for garnish
1. Heat the oil in a pan, when hot add mustard seeds and wait for them to splutter.
2. Add the garlic and sauté. (Take care not to burn it)
3. Add blended tomatoes and tomato puree and sauté further.
4. Add the salt, chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and turmeric and cook till spices blend in with tomatoes.
5. Add the precooked beans and water and simmer for 10 minutes till gravy thickens.
6. Transfer to serving dish and garnish with chopped coriander.
Serve with hot rotis and rice.
NB-I used tinned precooked beans but you can soak dry beans over night and pressure cook them for recipe. Mixture of beans is personal preference.
You may like:
Broad bean curry.
The well seasoned cook-MLLA 23
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.