Thursday, 22 July 2010
Marcha nu shak-Cayenne green chillies curry.
Marcha nu shak-Cayenne green chillies are a mild and sweet tasting long chilli, that have a smooth shiny texture. Simply delicious when cooked in a sweet and spicy masala made from onions and an array of traditional spices.
12 long green cayenne chillies( very mild in taste)
1 medium red onion finely diced
2 medium tomatoes chopped and pureed.
2 tablespoon fried gram coarsely powdered
1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 table spoon olive oil or sun flower oil.
1 tablespoon grated jaggery
1/2 tablespoon fresh chopped coriander for garnish.
1. Wash and slit the chillies on one side only length ways.
2. In a bowl add the fried gram powder,coriander powder, cumin powder, salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder
3.Mix throughly and add the grated jaggery and chopped coriander.Mix again.
4. Divide the mixture into two and reserve one half for gravy.
5. Fill the slits in the chillies with the mixture.
6. In a pan add the oil, when hot add the mustard seeds, once they splutter add the garlic paste and saute.
7. Add the onions and fry till translucent, add the pureed tomatoes and the reserved spice mixture.Cook tomatoes till spices infuse and tomatoes start to leave oil.
8. Add the prepared chillies and cover with sauce.Add two tablespoons of water cover and cook on low heat till chillies soften and are tender but still holding shape.(Approx 15 minutes)
10 Transfer to serving dish and garnish with fresh chopped coriander.
Serve with hot rotis or parathas
You may like:
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.