Tindora (Ivy gourd) and sweetcorn fry -Tender tindora cooked with sweet corn kernels in a blend of spices.A perfect side dish to accompany any main dish.
200 grams tindora (ivy gourd)washed and quartered
1 bowl sweet corn kernels
1 teaspoon garlic paste
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon tomato puree or paste
½ teaspoon mustard seeds
1/ teaspoon ground coriander powder
½ teaspoon ground cumin powder
1 tablespoon fresh chopped coriander for garnish
1 tablespoon oil
2 tablespoons water
1. Pour oil in a pan and season with mustard seeds.
2. Next add the garlic and sauté till the raw smell is gone.
3. Add the tindora, corn, turmeric, red chilli powder, salt, jeera powder, coriander powder. Mix
4. Add the two tablespoon of water to the tomato puree and add the vegetables. Stir fry till the vegetables are tender but still crisp.
5. Transfer to a serving dish
6. Garnish with fresh coriander.
Serve with rice or roti.
You may like: