Tri colour capsicum and potato curry- A vibrant curry made with three different colour capsicums and potatoes. Cooked in a blend of spices, this simple curry is pleasing to the eye and it makes a wonderful accompaniment to rotis.
1 red capsicum deseeded and cut into slices
1 yellow capsicum deeseeded and cut into slices
1 green capsicum deseeded and cut into slices
3 medium potatoes peeled and sliced
1 teaspoon garlic paste
1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon turmreric owder
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 medium tomatoes chopped and blended to a paste
1 teaspoon tomato puree.
1 tablespoon fresh coriander finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon MDH kitchen king masala
1. Heat the oil in a pan , when hot add the mustard seeds and wait for them to splutter.
2. Add the garlic and ginger paste and saute till raw taste goes .
3. Add the tomato paste, tomato puree, salt,chilli powder, turmeric,coriander powder, cumin powder and the MDH masala.
4. Cook the tomato gravy till spices fuse in and gravy starts to separate oil to surface.
5. Add the capsicums and potatoes add 1 cup water.Cover and simmer curry till potatoes are tender.(About 20 minutes.)
6. Transfer to serving dish and garnish with fresh chopped coriander.
Serve with rotis.
You may like;
Capsicum cooked in besan