Monday, 2 August 2010
1 large or two medium mangoes (for puree)
1 mango for serving
397 grams condensed milk ( 1 full can)
100 grams fresh double cream
1. Peel the mango, discard the stone and chop into small pieces .
2. In a blender jug add the chopped mango and blend to a fine puree.
3. In a bowl add the condensed milk and the cream and whip till light and fluffy.
4. Fold in the mango puree.
5. Pour the mixture into a tupperware container and place in freezer.
6. After 3 hours take the ice cream out of the freezer and stir with a fork to break any ice crystals.
7. At 3 hours intervals repeat this process twice more (In total 3 times)
8. After the third time take the ice cream out of the freezer and allow to stand for 5-10 minutes.
9. Peel and cut the mango into slices and discard the stone.
10.Using an ice cream scoop, scoop ice cream into serving bowl , garnish with the mango slices.
NB- Alternatively you can skip stages 5,6 and 7 if you have an ice cream maker.
You may like:
Torview-cold desserts event
Sara's corner- mm party treats event by meeta monthly mingle
Yasmeen Health nut-tropical temptations challenge
Taste of pearl city -iftar moments events
foodelicious-kids delight event
Labels: Icecream/ Sorbets/Sundae
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.