Thursday, 16 September 2010
Potato Stacks with peanut and coriander sauce.
4 medium potatoes
Spray cooking oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chilli powder
¼ teaspoon garlic salt
½ teaspoon amchur powder
1 tablespoon corn flour
Peanut and coriander sauce:
½ bunch fresh coriander
6 green chillies
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon peanuts.
1. Wash and peel the potatoes and slice them thin using a mandolin. Place the potato slices in a large bowl.
2. Mix all the ingredients in the spice mixture list and sprinkle on top of potato slices. Toss to evenly coat all the potato slices with the spice powder.
3. Preheat an oven 200 ºC or 400 ºF.
4. Line a large baking tray with kitchen foil, spray with cooking oil.
5. Spread out the spiced potato slices in a single layer on the baking sheet and spray with a little more cooking oil.
6. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. You will need to turn the slices over mid way cooking time.
7. Wash and clean the coriander and chop roughly stalks and leaves and add to blender. Deseed the chillies and chop roughly and add to blender with salt, sugar, lemon juice and blend to a fine paste. Add 1-2 tablespoon water if needed.
8. Grind the peanuts coarsely and keep aside.
9. Transfer the coriander mixture from blender into a bowl and add the coarsely ground peanuts. Mix thoroughly and place in a clean jar in refrigerator for future use.
10. Check that the potato slices are cooked; they should be crispy and golden brown. Remove from oven.
To serve, stack potato slices on a plate with a little peanut and coriander sauce in between the slices, build stacks of approx 8-10 slices and drizzle with coriander and peanut sauce.
You may like :
Crispy potato bhajiyas
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.