Wednesday, 6 October 2010
A fast and easy stirfry using up left over rotis and a handful of mixed vegetables. A delicious snack ready in minutes.
6 left over cold rotis
1 cup mixed vegetables( carrots, peas, sweetcorn and diced potato.)
1 small onion finely diced
2 green chillies finely chopped
4 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon tomato puree
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
10 curry leaves
2 red dried chillies.
1 tablespon fresh chopped coriander.
1. Heat the oil in a pan , when hot add the curry leaves followed by the red dry chillies and onions.
2. Saute onions till translucent. Add the mixed vegetables and stir fry till vegetables are cooked.
3. Once vegetables are tender mix the tomato puree with 4 tablespoons of water and add it to the cooked vegetables with the salt, chiili powder and turmeric powder.
4. Cook till the spices are well infused with the vegetables and tomato paste.
5. Shread the rotis in to 5mm thin strips and shake them to separate the strips.
6. Add to the vegetable mixture and stir fry till the roti strips and vegetables are well blended and evenly coated with the spices and gravy.
7. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with green chillies and fresh chopped coriander.
Serve immediately with Yoghurt.
This recipe was shared by a friend of mine Jana .I have adapted it by using rotis although her recipe was originally made with parathas.
You may like:
Labels: Ten minute recipes.
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.