Tender french beans stir fried in simple spices to prepare crunchy spicy side dish.
240 grams / 8 oz french beans
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon ajwain seeds
1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice
1 clove garlic sliced thinly
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Top and tail the beans, wash and cut them into 2 in pieces (original recipe kept beans long)
2. In a pan add the oil , when hot add mustard seeds and wait for them to splutter, add the ajwain seeds and saute for 30 seconds to release flavour, next add garlic and saute.(Take care not to burn ajwain or garlic)
3. Add the beans and saute for 5 minutes.
4. Add the salt, turmeric, chilli powder and coriander powder and stir fry beans for 5 more minutes till beans are tender but still retaining the crunch.
5. Add the vinegar or lemon juice(I added lemon juice) and mix throughly.
6. Transfer to seving dish and serve as side dish with hot rotis.
Recipe was taken from above source and slight modifications were made.
You may like :
Green pidgeon peas and potato curry
Priya's ajwain event hosted by Seasoned and dressed
Vegetarian foodie fridays # 30 hosted by Melodie
Flavours of Goa event by simply.food hosted by Denny of ohtastensee