400 g diced pumpkin
3 ripe tomatoes deseeded and pureed.
2 green chillies finely chopped
1 red dried chilli
½ teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
½ teaspoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon coriander powder
¾ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon clove powder
½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 teaspoon chilli powder
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander.
1.Place the pumpkin in a microwaveable dish and add 2 tablespoons of water .Cook for 6-8 minutes till pumpkin is tender but not mushy(alternatively steam pumpkin instead till tender)
2. In a pan heat the oil when hot add the mustard seeds and red dried chilli. When they begin to splutter add the pureed tomatoes.
3. Add the turmeric, chilli powder, salt, cumin and coriander powders and sauté the tomatoes till well blended and oil starts to separate from tomatoes.
4. Add the Green chillies and cinnamon and clove powder and the lemon juice. Sauté for 1-2 more minutes.
5. Remove pumpkin from microwave and add to the spicy gravy. Add half the chopped fresh coriander
6. Toss pumpkin in the gravy and cover and cook for a further 5 minutes on low heat till the spice mixture infuses into the pumpkin.
7. Transfer the cooked pumpkin to serving dish and garnish with remainder of fresh chopped coriander.
Serve with hot rotis.