2 tablespoons dry couscous
1/2 cup water (enough to cover couscous)
1/2 cup pre cooked kidney beans
1/2 cup pre cooked sweet corn kernels
1 small tomato deseeded and diced
1/2 cup diced mixed peppers red/yellow/green
2 inch piece cucumber diced
1 small red onion finely diced
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder or paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic paste
Pinch of Mexican oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. In a dish put the couscous and add just enough boiling water to cover it. Cover and leave for 15 minutes till couscous swells up and all the water is absorbed.
2. In another bowl add the kidney beans, sweet corn kernels, peppers, red onion, tomatoes, avocado and cucumber and mix.
3. Stir in the prepared couscous.
4. In a jar with a lid add the chilli powder, cumin powder, garlic, cilantro, oil, lime juice mexican oregano and salt. Shake the jar to mix all the ingredients.
5. Pour the dressing onto the salad and toss to mix thoroughly. Chill the salad for 30 minutes to allow all the flavours to infuse.