Saturday, 8 January 2011
Delicious parathas with the goodness of carrot .Delicately seasoned with ajwain and a hint of spice with chillies these parathas are delicious accompaniment to any curry.
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 medium carrots
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 tablespoon oil
4 tablespoons oil for cooking paratha in
2 tablespoons plain flour for rolling parathas.
1/2 teaspoon ajwain seeds ( bishops weed seeds)
1/2 teaspoon green chiili paste (omit for kids)
1.Wash and peel the carrots and grate them.
2. Place in a heat proof bowl, add 2 tablespoons water and microwave on high for 4 minutes.
3. Remove from microwave and place in blender and puree.Cool.
4. In a bowl add the wheat flour, salt and turmeric and ajwain seeds and green chillies.
5. Rub in 1 tablespoon oil and add the carrot puree as needed to make a soft dough.(Depending on the wetness of the puree and the brand of flour used, you may have a little left over or you may find to bring dough together you may need to add 1-2 tablespoons water.Judge this yourself)
6. Knead the dough, cover and leave aside to 15-30 minutes.
7. Divide the dough in to 10 balls.
8. Take one of the balls dip in dry flour and roll out in a square / round shape paratha.(I made square)
9. Heat a tava and place the rolled paratha on it, when bubbles start to form flip the paratha.
10. Spread a little oil on to this side and flip again . Repeat for 2nd side.Paratha is ready when brown spots start to appear on it.
11.Remove from tava and repeat for rest of dough.
Serve with vegetable curry, yoghurt and mango pickle or simple rolled up with jam, chocolate or cream cheese.
You may like;
CWS Event -Ajwain event by Priya , hosted by Kavita
Wholesome Lunch box event by coffe and vanilla
Labels: Indian Flat Breads
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.