Vitamin rich aubergines cooked in aromatic spices with pidgeon peas.
6 baby aubergines
120 grams frozen or fresh pidgeon peas
1 teaspoon turneric
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
2 medium tomatoes
1 teaspoon tomato puree
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic paste
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 tablespoon fresh chopped coriander for garnish.
1.Chop the tomatoes and puree them in blender .
2.Wash and cut the aubergines in to quarters.
3.Heat oil in a pan , when it is hot add the mustard seeds and garlic and saute.
3. Add the aubergines and pidgeon peas and saute for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the salt, chilli powder, cumin and coriander powder and turmeric.
5. Mix throughly and saute further for 2-3 minutes.
6.Mix together 1/2 cup of water, tomato puree and tomato paste and and add to the aubergines
7. Cover and cook the curry till pidgeon peas and aubergines are tender and cooked and most of the water is absorbed. (approx 15 minutes)
8. Transfer to serving dish and garnish with fresh coriander .
Serve with rice or rotis.
You may like :
Potato and pidgeon peas curry