Perfect dish for brunch, Succulent mushrooms, tangy and juicy tomatoes topped with a aromatic herb and breadcrumb crusty topping.
4oz button mushrooms
2 large beef tomatoes
4 oz bread crumbs
2 oz grated cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper powder
1 teaspoon Italian mixed herbs
1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small red onion
1. Thinly slice the button mushrooms.
2. Finely chop the red onion.
3. Slice the tomatoes.
4. In a bowl all the bread crumbs, herbs, chilli flakes and pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well.
5. In a pan add the oil and saute the onions until translucent. Add the mushrooms and cook till mushrooms soften. Season with salt and pepper.
6.In an oven proof dish, make a layer of tomatoes, and top it with the mushroom mixture, Add a layer of cheese. Repeat with a second layer of tomatoes, followed by the mushroom mixture and than the remaining cheese.
7. For the top final layer , add the bread crumbs mixture.
8. Preheat an oven to 180 degrees centigrade / 350 degrees Farenheit and bake the tomato and mushroom bake for 25 minutes or untill there is nice golden crust on the top.
Remove from oven and serve with fresh crusty bread .
You may like: