Tart apples with a crispy crunchy crumple topping, laced generously with vanilla custard.
2 large bramley cooking apples
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
I packet custard mix.
8 oz plain flour
4 oz butter (cold and cut into small cubes)
3 oz sugar
1. Peel and core the apples and cut into thin slices , place then into a large bowl.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and the cinnamon to the apples and toss together.
3. Grease a shallow baking dish and spread the apples evenly in the bottom.
4. In another bowl add the flour and using light hands rub the butter to form a bread crumb type of mixture.
5. Stir in the sugar.
6. Add the crumble topping on top of the apple slices and coat evenly.
7. Bake the crumble in a preheated oven 4oo degrees F / 200 degrees C for 30 minutes or until crumble starts to take on a golden brown colour.
8. In a bowl add the custard powder and add boiling water to make the custard as per packet instructions.Stir in 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
To serve place a portion of apple crumble on a serving dish and generously spoon vanilla custard over the top.
Submitting to :
Bake Fest event by Vardini
C.E.D.D. ~ Apples event by Raven guested hosted by simply.food.