Wednesday, 30 November 2011
Vegetarian Burgers Blog Hop Wednesday 30th November 2011
This is my entry for Blog Hop Wednesday started by Radhika of Tickling Palates. Its a beautiful concept where not only do you get to make new blogger friends, cook from their blogs but in return they visit your blog and try out your recipes too.
If you are interested in joining Blog Hop Wednesday here is how it works:
"The plot behind this attempt is to form groups and make pairs with a blogger who will be your partner for that particular week. This happens every alternate Wednesdays. You will then go through your partner’s blog, select, choose, cook, click and post the recipe in your blog on Wednesday and vice versa. The alternate week you will have a new partner. This way not only you tend to your blog at intervals but also learn some new recipes along the way and get to know a lot of bloggers and make friends."
This recipe is from Kavis blog Edible entertainment. I have previously cooked from Kavis blog for blog hop , this time I selected the vegetarian hotdog recipe as it sounded delicious and tasty. I followed the recipe as per instruction , only changes I made were that I added canneloni beans as well as kidney beans and shaped the mixture into burgers rather than sausages. as in Kavis recipe.The original recipe can be found here.
Delicious vegeburgers , served on a bed of lettuce and garnished with tomatoes, cucumbers and sweet red onions..
Ingredients- (makes 9 burgers)
250 grams precooked kidney Beans (tinned)
250 grams precooked canneloni beans(tinned)
1 medium boiled potato
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1.5 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1 tablespoon fresh chopped coriander
2 green chillies finely chopped (optional)
4 tablespoons sunflower oil for shallow frying.
2 slices of bread
9 Burger buns
Tomato Ketchup/ hot chilli sauce
1. In a food processor place the bread slices and pulse to make fine bread crumbs. Transfer them to a shallow dish.
2. In the food processor add the beans , potatoes, salt, chilli powder, lemon juice, cumin powder and pulse to make a coarse texture.
3. Transfer mixture to a bowl and mix well to , mixture should have a stiff dough like consistency .Divide mixture into 9 parts.
4. Pat each portion into round patties and flatten them. Roll the patties into bread crumbs and place on a baking tray.
5.Repeat for all portions.
6. Refrigerate the burgers for 1 hour.
7. Heat oil in a shallow pan and when it is hot shallow fry the burgers in small batches on both sides until golden brown.
8. Slice the bread roll in half and place on a serving dish.
9. Add the lettuce leaf, followed by the burger. Add a dollop of ketchup/ chilli sauce followed by the cucumber slices tomato slices, and red onion.
10.Place the other bread half on top and serve with potato chips and a dip.
You may like :
Submitting to :
Global food event by sizzling tastebuds.
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.