Luscious, sweet, juicy fresh pineapple stirred into a sweet concoction of lime zest , limejuice, condensed milk and folded into rich double cream before freezing.The result is a burst of sensational tropical flavors in each and every mouthful.Serve with a medley of juicy pineapple chunks and you will have a dessert that will leave you craving more and more.
300 grams Sweetened condensed milk
300 ml double cream
Juice of one and a half limes
1 teaspoon lime zest
240 grams fresh pineapple.
240 grams Pineapple chunks for serving.
1. Place 240 grams of fresh pine apple and blend it coarsely so that the pineapple has some texture.
2. Remove from blender and add to a large mixing bowl.
3.Add the Sweetended condensed milk to the blender and add the lime juice and blend .
4. Add the blended condensed milk to the bowl with the pineapple and add the lemon zest.Mix well.
5. In a separate bowl whip the cream and gently fold the whipped cream to the pineapple and condensed milk mixture,
6. Transfer the mixture to a tupperware container and place in freezer . Leave to set for 4 hours.
7. After 4 hours, remove from freezer and mix well with a fork to break any ice crystals. and return to freezer for another 4 hours. Repeat this process 3 times.
8. To serve the icecream , take out of the freezer and leave for few minutes before scooping into ice cream bowls and serve with fresh pineapple chunks.