Delicious chocolate muffins that are healthy simply scrumpticious.
My allocated blog for this post was Pinky's Pink recipe Diary. I was excited to visit this blog and was amazed at the wonderful and diverse recipes on offer. Browsing through them I stumbled at a chocolate muffin recipe that I was drawn towards as it was eggless and also used an ingredient "vinegar " that I had not tried in baking before. The original recipe can be found here.
Changes I made were :
Used milk chocolate instead of dark.
Substituted flora cuisine for butter
Iced the muffins with chocolate ganache .
- Yielded 8 generous sized muffins .
- Muffins turned out wonderful and tasted delicious,although they craked slightly at the top during baking .I resolved this by covering them with chocolate ganache.
- I found them not quite sweet enough so next time I will add 1 tablespoon extra sugar.
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking soda
3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
1/4 cup grated milk chocolate
90 ml Flora Cuisine
1/2 cup milk + 2 tbsp
11/2 tsp vinegar
1/4 cup grated milk chocolate.
90 grams/ 3 oz milk chocolate
1 tablespoon icing sugar
2 tablespoons milk.
3.Melt butter in a pan , add milk and more than 1/4 cup chocolate and brown sugar.
4.Whisk the mixture till the chocolate has completely melted, and when cooled add vinegar.
5. Mix the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold gently. Do not over mix.Add the remaining chocolate and fold again.
6. Using an icecream scoop to get even size portion scoop the batter into 8 large muffin cases.
7. Bake the muffins for 20- 25 mins at 175 degrees C /350degrees F. To check if muffins are done insert a toothpick at this stage and see that it comes out clean.(Mine were ready in 20 minutes)
8. Once baked remove from oven and cool the muffins .
10.Dip the muffins into the chocolate ganache and sprinkle with candy sprinkles.Leave to set.