Monday, 30 April 2012
Turkish Eggplant(Aubergine) and red pepper dip
A delicious spicy and tasty dip with a smoked flavour.
I large dutch aubergine
1 red capsicum pepper
1 teaspoon salt
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
1 clove garlic finely minced
Fresh chopped coriander for garnish.
1. Preheat the oven to gas 200 degrees C/ 400 degrees F
2. Pierce the aubergine and place it in a baking tray .On the same tray place the red pepper.
3. Bake the aubergine and pepper for 20-25 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
5. Remove the skin from the aubergine and also the pepper and mash them coarsely.(If you want a smooth dip then you can place both ingredients in food processor for a smooth paste.)
6. Transfer the aubergine and pepper to a bowl, add the garlic puree,lemon juice, olive oil, paprika, salt and chilli flakes and mix well.
7.Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with chopped coriander
Serve with crackers or toasted pitta bread.
Flavours of Turkey event by simply.food guest hosted by PJ of Seduceyourtastebuds.
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.