This is my assignment with the Secret Recipe Club.The aim of the club is that you are allocated a blog from which you have to select a recipe and try it and blog about it.There was a little mix up this month and I did not get my assignment, however April the SRC owner came up with the idea that I could cook from Debbie's blog so this month she will probably have two lucky people cooking from her blog.
My assigned blog was debbiedoesdinnerhealthy, this blog is run by Debbie the hostess of SRC group C . The site has many healthy low calorie dishes under 500 calories.I enjoyed looking through the collection for my search for a vegetarian recipe when I came across this stuffed potato recipe. I particularly liked it as it is very versatile and the fillings can be personalized to individual taste with out any extra work.
4 medium white baking potatoes
125 grams / 4 oz grated cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons cooked sweet corn
2 spring onions finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
Oil for brushing
1. Wash the potatoes and prick them with a fork.
2. Microwave them on high for 8-10 minutes or until cooked.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/ 175 degrees C
4. Remove the potatoes from the microwave and cut them in half length ways.
5. Using a spoon scoop out the potato flesh carefully leaving some potato on the skin.
6.Brush the potato skins with a little oil ( helps to crisp the skins up nicely) and place them on a baking tray in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes till they crisp up.
7. In a bowl add the scooped potato mixture, add to it half the cheese, sweet corn and 3/4 of the spring onion. Add to it the salt and pepper and mix together.
8. Remove the potato shells from the oven and immediately fill with the potato mixture.
9. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining cheese and spring onion.
10. Finally sprinkle with some chilli flakes and place the skins back into the oven for another 10 minutes until cheese melts and turns slightly brown.
11. Remove from oven and serve hot with a side salad.