Delicious heart shaped chocolate chip cookies that melt in the mouth.Perfect valentine gift.
225 g / 8 oz butter
140 g / 5 oz sugar
1 tablespoon apple sauce
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
250 g / 9 oz plain flour
25 g /1 oz cocoa
pinch of salt
120 g / 4 oz plain chocolate chip
60 g / 2 oz chopped hazelnuts
1.Place the butter and sugar in a bowl and cream together, add the apple sauce and vanilla and mix well.
2.Sieve the cocoa, salt and flour and add it to the butter.
3. Add the nuts and chocolate chip and combine to make a dough.
4. Wrap the dough in cling film and chill for 1 hour
5.Remove dough from fridge and divide into two parts roll each part out on grease proof paper to approx 5 mm thick and cut out heart shape cookies from it.
6. Place the cookies on a oiled baking tray leaving space between the cookies. Repeat for rest of dough.
7. Place the trays of cookies in the fridge for 10 minutes to chill.
8. Preheat oven to 190 degrees C / 375 degrees F
9. Bake the cookies in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until firm.
10 Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool.
11.If you want to thread ribbon in the hearts ,using a skewer pierce a hole in the top of the heart whilst cookie is hot.
12. Once cooled thread a ribbon through the hole.
Serve heart chocolate chip valentine cookies with a piping hot cup of coffee.
You may like:
Lets Cook/Bake for valentine event by simply.food