1½ tbsp golden syrup
1½ tbsp milk
200 ml fresh double cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
mini chocolate eggs for garnish
For sweet pastry:
8 oz / 200 grams plain flour
4 oz / 100 grams cold butter
1 tablespoon sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C /375 degrees F
2. In a food processor add the flour, butter and salt and blend to combine.
3. Add the sugar and blend again
12. In a heat proof glass bowl add the chocolate, golden syrup, and milk and melt it using a double boiler. Once chocolate has melted keep it aside to cool.
13. In another bowl add the cream and vanilla and whisk until thickened and forms stiff peaks.
14. Combine the chocolate into the cream by gently folding it in.This is important to retain the air in the mousse. Do not over mix.
15. Once combined chill the mousse for 1 hour in the fridge.
16. To serve, spoon some mousse into the prepared tart cases and garnish with the mini eggs.
17. Any leftover mousse can be spooned into individual serving glasses and chilled. Garnish with grated chocolate or strawberries.
NB- Both the tart cases and mousse can be made ahead of time but only assemble them just before serving otherwise the tart cases will absorb moisture from the mousse and become soft.
Lets Cook for Kids event by simply.food
JCO Choc full Easter event