This is my assignment with the Secret Recipe Club.The aim of the club is that you are allocated a blog from which you have to select a recipe and try it and blog about it.
My assigned blog was That skinny chick can bake. When I saw the name it brought a smile to my face and I was eager to read the blog which is run by Liz Berg.The blog is full of tips on advise on baking and cooking and has a range of recipes. I looked through the blog and found this simple yet delicious Cafe Style carrot salad which is perfect for lunch boxes or picnics.I reduced the quantity of the recipe by half.
2 medium carrots
1 tablespoon raisins
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoon Roasted peanuts
1/2 green chilli (optional)
1/2 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon mild olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Peel and wash the carrots and coarsely grate them.
2. Soak the raisins in the orange juice for 15 minutes.
3.Coarsely chop the roasted peanuts
4. Add all the ingredients under the dressing list to a jar with a lid.Shake the jar to mix the dressing.
5. Add the grated carrots to a bowl, add the soaked raisins, peanuts and the chopped chilli and mix.
6. Pour the dressing over the carrots and toss.
You may like: