This is my assignment with the Secret Recipe Club.The aim of the club is that you are allocated a blog from which you have to select a recipe and try it and blog about it.
My assigned blog was A couple in the kitchen .I looked through the blog and stumbled across the Ginger, pineapple and cashew nut fried rice. It looked delicious and since there is an abundance of pineapples available in the market at the moment it was the perfect choice. I recreated the recipe with a few minor changes.I swapped snow peas for peppers and added a little soya sauce and red chilli.
Delicious Chinese style fried rice with tastes of the orient with ginger and pineapple and cashew nuts.
16 oz / 480 grams precooked cold basmati rice
3 spring onions thinly chopped
1 carrot grated
1/2 green capsicum finely julienned
2 slices of fresh pineapple diced into small pieces
1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger paste
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 red chilli finely chopped for garnish.
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon dark soya sauce
1 tablespoon cashew nuts
1. Add oil in a wok and stir fry the cashew nuts till golden brown. Remove them from wok and keep aside.
2. Add the carrots, green pepper, ginger paste and spring onion to the wok and stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the cooked rice, soya sauce and salt and toss the rice until its warmed through and mixed with the vegetables.
4. Add the pineapple pieces and cashew nuts and the red chilli pepper and toss again.
5. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve hot.
NB- To prepare boiled rice wash 1 cup rice in cold water and soak it for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes transfer rice to a large pan and add 2 pints water and bring rice to boil, reduce heat and simmer rice until tender, drain the rice in a colander and pour over some cold water to wash out starch.
Allow the rice to cool before using it in the recipe.
You may like:
Moroccan Tomato Rice
Lets cook Rice Dishes event by simply.food