12.For the strawberry chocolate Barfi, roll out some white chocolate ready to roll icing and cut out large flower shapes using a cookie cutter.
Tuesday, 25 June 2013
Strawberry and Chocolate Barfi microwave method.(Indian fudge)
Melt in the mouth, creamy fudge with aromatic strawberry and chocolate flavours.
300 g Milk powder
397 g Condensed milk(sweetened)
3 tablespoons melted ghee (Clarified butter)
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped almonds and pistachio nuts
1 teaspoon Strawberry essence
3 Drops of Pink food colouring
For Strawberry and chocolate Barfi
1.Melt the milk chocolate in the microwave, when it is melted pour a tiny amount into each silicon mould to form a 3 mm thick layer. Place the moulds in the fridge for 5 minutes only to semi set the chocolate. Remove moulds from fridge after 5 minutes and keep at room temperature.(For this I used a silicon Ice cube tray.)
2.In a large microwave safe bowl add the two tablespoons of ghee,chopped nuts, condensed milk and milk powder and mix well.
3. Place the bowl in the microwave and cook on high heat for three minutes.
4. Remove from microwave and stir the mixture.
5. Return the bowl to the microwave and cook for another two minutes, again remove and stir the mixture.
6. Add the last tablespoon of ghee to the mixture and finally return the bowl to the microwave. Cook for a further 1 minute.
7. Remove bowl from microwave and add the food colouring and the strawberry essence and mix well.
8. Leave the mixture to cool slightly. Once you can handle the mixture, roll small grape sized balls and push the mixture into shaped silicon moulds that have chocolate layer in them, press the barfi in the moulds and smooth the tops .Return the moulds to the fridge for 10 minutes to set
9.For the plain strawberry barfi roll grape sized balls and push them into the flower and heart silicon moulds and pack firmly. Smooth the tops and place the moulds in the fridge to set. For 10 minutes to set.
De mould and decorate:
10. After 10 minutes de mould the barfi and place the heart and flower shapes in to Petit four cases and place them on serving platter.
11. Decorate with edible flower decorations.
13.Place the flower shapes onto a serving plate, Dip the de moulded chocolate strawberry barfi shapes into a little melted chocolate and stick them onto the white chocolate flowers. Decorate the tops with edible flower decorations.
Keep refrigerated and barfi will keep for 4-5 days.
The flower, heart and star silicon moulds were sent to me by The Craft Company together with some disposable piping bags. The moulds are perfect for making home made chocolate, for setting fudge and also for making shaped ice cubes and shaped jelly.I find them very versatile in their use ,they wash well and can be used over and over again.There is no rubber smell so you can be rest assured unlike cheap moulds that split and tear and leave behind an odour these moulds are totally safe and easy to use.
The craft company has a super selection of cake decorating and baking items .It is an Aladdin's cave for a budding baker.
Thankyou to The Craft Company for sending me the wonder silicon moulds.All the views and opinions in this post are my own.
You may like:
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.