Flaky pastry with delicious cinnamon and brown sugar coated apple filling.
4 Granny Smith apples peeled and thinly sliced
1 teaspoon lemon juice
90 g / 3 oz brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
I sheet ready rolled puff pastry 8inch x12inch
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C / 375 degrees F for 10 minutes
2. In a bowl add the apples and toss them in lemon juice.
3. In another bowl add the sugar and cinnamon and mix well.
4. Grease a baking tray and place the pastry sheet on it.
5.Working with the pastry vertically place a line of overlapping apples in the centre of the pastry sheet.
6. Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture on it.
7. On the right and left sides of pastry, using a sharp knife cut diagonal slits 1 inch wide starting at the apples and ending at the edge of the pastry.
8. Taking a pastry slit from the right side, fold it over the apple towards the left.
9. Take the opposite slit from the left side folding it over to the right side to overlap.
10.Continue plaiting alternate slits from right and left sides of pastry until a plait forms over the apple slices.
11. Once all the pasty has been plaited over the apples, brush the pastry with some melted butter and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
12. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
Serve the Apple tart with cold vanilla ice cream.
You may like:
Submitting to Flavours of Germany event by simply.food guest hosted by Nivedhanam