Spicy savory plantain fritters perfect for a tea time treat.
4 green plantains peeled and grated
1 small clove garlic finely crushed
1 small white onion finely sliced
2 green chillies finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
pinch bicarbonate of soda
2 tablespoons plain flour
1-2 teaspoons water
600 ml sunflower oil for frying
1.In a bowl add the grated plantain, onion slices, salt,chilli powder, green chillies, bicarbonate of soda and the flour.
2. Mix the ingredients together, only add enough water so that the mixture binds together without being too wet.
3. Form small patties of the mixture and place them on a tray.
4. Heat oil in a large pan, when it is hot turn the heat down to medium nad fry the patties in small batches until golden brown.Do not be tempted to cook on high heat otherwide fritters will be uncooked on the inside.
5. Drain on kitchen paper fry the next batch.
6. Serve hot with chilli sauce or dip of choice.
You may like:
Flavours of Caribbean event by simply.food guest hosted by Tina of The spicy pear