This is my assignment with the Secret Recipe Club.The aim of the club is that you are allocated a blog from which you have to select a recipe and try it and blog about it.
My assigned blog was The avid Appetite written by Rachel. Since its October I wanted to cook with pumpkin and I found the perfect pumpkin muffin recipe on Rachels blog.The only changes I made were that I replace evaporated milk with full cream milk and left out the glaze.The pumpkin muffins were delicious.
Delicious pumpkin muffins with an aromatic spicy taste.
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon all spice
1 tablespoon egg replacer (or 1 egg)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup butter room temperature
3/4 cup full cream milk
1. Preheat oven at 200 degrees C / 400 degrees F
2. In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, all spice and baking powder.
3. In a blender jug add the pumpkin puree, milk and butter nad whip together all the wet ingredients.
4. Gently fold in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Do not over mix.
5. Spoon the mixture into 10 muffin cases nad bake in preheated oven for 20-22 minutes until golden brown.
The original recipe suggested a glaze but I did not glaze my muffins.
Flavours of USA and Canada event by simply.food