This is my assignment with the Secret Recipe Club.The aim of the club is that you are allocated a blog from which you have to select a recipe and try it and blog about it. My assigned blog was teaandscones. I had lots of fun looking through the blog and finally settled on a soup recipe. I liked the sound of Farmers market soup as it was the type of soup that you can make with any thing you have in your fridge and produce a hearty bowl of soup.The only changes I made were that I swapped a couple of the vegetables in the original recipe for what I had in my fridge.
Delicious and hearty veggie soup packed with protein.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small white onion finely chopped
1 small red pepper finely diced
1 clove garlic finely chopped
2 small carrots peled and finely diced
1 small potato peeled and finely diced
1 zucchini finely diced
14 oz / 400 g precooked lentils
14 oz / 400 g chopped tomatoes
handful chopped baby spinach
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
500 ml water
1. Heat the oil in a pan when it is hot add the onions and the garlic and saute until onions are soft and translucent.
2. Add the carrots, pepper, zucchini, potato and the chopped tomatoes and saute for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the water and the lentils and bring the soup to boil. Reduce the heat and simmer the soup for 10-15 minutes util all the vegetables are cooked.
4. Stir in the lentils and the chopped spinach and season with the salt, pepper and chilli flakes.
5. Remove soup from stove and serve in large bowls with bread and butter.
You may like:
Pumpkin and apple soup