1 large sweet potato
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon ghee(clarified butter)
Pinch saffron (from Alchemic larder)
Pinch nutmeg (from Alchemic larder)
few flaked Almonds
1. Cut the sweet potato into 4 and place in a microwaveable dish with 2-3 tablespoons on water.Cover and cook in microwave on high for 7-8 minutes until sweet potato is cooked.
2. Remove from microwave and peel the skin off and mash the sweet potato, ensuring there are no lumps.
3. Heat the milk in cup and add a few strands of saffron to it and keep aside to infuse the flavour.
4. In a pan add the ghee(clarified butter) and heat it up.Add the mashed sweet potato, the saffron milk and cook on a low heat for 6-7 minutes.Keep stirring the halwa.
5. Add the sugar and nutmeg and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until all the sugar is has melted the moisture has evaporated. Keep stirring the halwa at all times.Stir in a pinch of nutmeg.
6. Transfer the halwa to small serving bowls and garnish with flaked almonds and a couple of strands of saffron.
The spices used in this recipe were from the Alchemic larder that was sent to me by Harvey Nicholls.
You may like;
Lets cook party food for christmas event by simply.food