I recently wrote about some yummy milkshakes that I was sent by Shaken Udder, we really enjoyed them and we not only drank them but created some awesome desserts with them too such as Banana caramel Ice cream and Orange chocolate mousse.
Here is the recipe:
Creamy rich and chocolicious with a hint of orange chocolate mousse.
240 ml Shaken Udder Choc Orange Milkshake
120 ml Milk
1 tablespoon agar agar flakes
1 tablespoon sugar
60 g milk chocolate grated or finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon orange essence
Orange slices for garnish
6 Orange chocolate match sticks for garnish
1. Add the milk to a pan and add the agar agar flakes and sugar bring to boil, keep stirring until agar agar and sugar are fully dissolved. Turn off heat and add in the chocolate and keep stirring until its all melted.
2.Whisk the milk shake until thick and creamy. I used my milk frother for this.Add the orange essence and mix it in.
3. Fold the agar agar mixture to the whisked chocolate milk shake to combine it.
4. Spoon the mixture into small shot glasses.
5. Place the mousse in the fridge for 4 hours to semi set.
6. Before serving garnish with orange slices and a chocolate match stick
NB- Due to this mousse being gelatine free it does not set fully and will have a creamy smooth texture.
I was sent the Shaken Udder milkshakes to try and they have been very kind and have agreed to provide two simply.food readers 16 bottles of their milkshakes each for a giveaway prize.
How To Enter
Simply complete the Rafflecopter widget below to verify your entries
Entries can be via blog comment, Facebook, Twitter etc
Please read the rules they form the terms and conditions of this Giveaway
Closing date – 12th February 2014 12.00 am
2 prizes of 16 bottles of Shaken Udder Milkshake (One prize per winner only)