Delicious baby spinach cooked with baby potatoes in a spicy gravy.
240g / 8 oz baby Spinach
12 baby potatoes
1 tomato cut into half, seeds removed and sliced
1 green chilli cut into slits and seeds removed
1 clove garlic peeled and finely chopped
3 tablespoons passata (sieved tomatoes)
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1.Put the baby potatoes without peeling them in a microwaveable bowl, add 2-3 tablespoons of water and cover and cook on high for 7-10 minutes until potatoes are fully cooked.
2. Look through the spinach leaves and cut off any long stalks.
3. In a large saucepan boil some water, when it is boiling place the spinach leaves in a colander and place the colander in the boiling water to blanch the spinach leaves for 2-3 minutes.
4. Lift out the colander of spinach and immediately run some cold water through them .
5. Place the blanched spinach in a food processor and puree them.
6. In a pan add the olive oil and wait for it to heat up, once its hot add the mustard seeds and wait for them to splutter.Next add the garlic and saute for a few seconds, take care not to burn it.
7. Add the passata, chilli powder, cumin powder,coriander powder,turmeric and salt and saute the mixture for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add the spinach puree and mix thoroughly into the spicy passata sauce.Add 50 ml water and cook for 3-4 minutes.
9. Peel the skin off the potatoes and cut them into halves.Add the potatoes to the spinach.
10. Mix thoroughly until all the spinach coates the potatoes. Cover and cook for a further 5 minutes until all the spices have infused into the potatoes.
11.Transfer the spinach and potato curry to a serving dish. Garnish with the tomato slices and green chiilis.
I served this curry with with mixed dhal pancakes
You may like:
Lets cook with green vegetables event by simply.food
Javelin Warriors Made with luv
Healthy side dishes event by Priya Guest hosted by Nandoos Kitchen
Delicieux and Eat your Veg FSF Winter
Extra veg event by fuss free flavours and utterly scrummy
In my veg box ~Potatoes event by citrusspiceuk guest hosted by Give me some spice