This is my assignment with the Secret Recipe Club.The aim of the club is that you are allocated a blog from which you have to select a recipe and try it and blog about it. My assigned blog was Eliot's Eats. This blog is written By Eliot.I was browsing through the blog looking for a salad or healthy recipe and came across this lovely home made tomato salsa recipe. It turned out perfect. I only made minor changes to accommodate the ingredients I had as I was unable to get all the specific peppers stated in the recipe.
Refreshing summer goodness in this delicious and healthy salsa.
4 medium tomatoes
1 small red onion
1/4 red capsicum
1/4 green capsicum
1 clove garlic
1 tablespoon fresh coriander finely chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Half the tomatoes and remove the seeds and chop in to very small pieces and add them to a bowl.
2. Peel and finely chop the red onion and add it to the bowl.
3. Cut the jalapeños in half lengthways, remove the seeds and finely chop and add to the bowl.
4. Finely chop the red and green capsicums and add them to the bowl.
5. Peel and finely crush the garlic and add it to the bowl.
6. Add the fresh coriander, lemon juice, salt and pepper to the bowl and toss all the ingredients together.
Serve the salsa with tortilla or potato chips.
In my VEG BOX ~Onions event by citrusspiceuk guest hosted by Tina of Spicy Pear