This is my assignment with the Secret Recipe Club.The aim of the club is that you are allocated a blog from which you have to select a recipe and try it and blog about it. My assigned blog was Manu's menu. Manuela lives in Sydney, Australia and she has a wonderful blog with a varied cuisine. I was particularly impressed that she had so many Indian recipes on her blog. I found out this is influenced by her hubby who is Indian. While looking through her blog I decided to pick the pineapple sorbet recipe as it looked refreshing and perfect for a light dessert. I followed the recipe as per her instruction but had to use tinned pineapple in juice instead of fresh pineapple.I added some lemon juice to balance the sweetness.
Taste the tropics in every mouthful with this refreshing pineapple sorbet.
432 g tinned pineapple chunks in juice
6 tablespoons sugar
Juice and zest of one small lemon
1. Using a zester, zest the lemon and keep it aside.
2. Cut the lemon in half and extract the juice.
3.Open the tinned pineapple and reserve a few chunks for garnish.Put the remaining pineapple chunks and juice into a blender jug together with the the lemon juice and sugar.
4. Blend the pineapple pieces to form a smooth purée.
5. Pour the pineapple purée into a tupperware container and add half the lemon zest and stir it in.
6. Place the tupperware in the freezer overnight.
7. Before serving remove the tupperware from the freezer and leave it at room temperature for 5 minutes. 8.After 5 minutes scoop the sorbet into serving cups.Garnish with remaining pineapple chunks and lemon zest.