Birthdays are not birthdays with out cake, so what better way than to present some one with a lovely cake baked at home and iced for them. These birthday cupcakes were made as a joint effort from both my daughters for their dads birthday. Together with cakes we gave him a lovely breakfast surprise and gift. The gift was really hard to find as a man who has every gadget available what do you buy him?? After much searching we came across the The Watch Hut, a fabulous site with some lovely watches to suit all prices.We selected the Armani Exchange gents silver watch for his gift. He really loved the gift and especially the delicious cup cakes featured below.
Delicate vanilla sponge with creamy butter cream icing makes these delicious cup cakes melt in the mouth.
120g self raising flour
120 g sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Vanilla butter cream ( shop bought)
Blue edible sprinkles
Ready rolled fondant sheet
1. Preheat the oven to 18O C / 350 F.
2. In a electric mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and add them to the butter and mix together.Add the vanilla essence and mix.
4. Gently fold in the flour by using a metal spoon.
5. Divide the mixture into 12 cupcake liners and bake the cupcakes for 15 minutes in the preheated oven until golden brown.
6. To check if the cakes are cooked insert a skewer into the cake, if it comes out clean cakes are baked.
7. Remove cakes from the oven and place them on a wire rack to cool.
8. Place a star nozzle in a piping bag and fill it with vanilla butter cream. Pipe a swirl of butter cream onto each cupcake and garnish with chocolate maltesers.
9.Using alphabet cutters cut out the letters D , A, D from the fondant sheet and place them on three of the cupcakes. Sprinkle with the blue sprinkles.
This post was sponsored by The Watch Hut.