This is my assignment with the Secret Recipe Club.The aim of the club is that you are allocated a blog from which you have to select a recipe and try it and blog about it. My assigned blog was The Savvy Kitchen. I really enjoyed looking through Amy's blog and was very tempted to create some of the lovely cookie recipes she has on her blog. But since summer is here and we are all trying to loose weight I am trying to eat healthy so I finally settled for the ( Cilantro) Coriander Lime Rice. It was delicious.The only changes I made were that I used lemon instead of lime in the rice and added a green chilli to spice it up.
240g Basmati Rice
400 ml boiling water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
1 tablespoon fresh chopped coriander
1 green chilli finely chopped
1. Wash the rice and soak it for 1/2 hour
2. Drain the rice and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan, when its hot add the rice and stir fry for few minutes. Add the salt and 400 ml boiling water and bring the rice to boil, once the rice is boiling reduce heat to lowest setting , cover and simmer rice for 20 minutes.
4. After 20 minutes open the pan and with a fork fluff up the rice , stir in the chopped coriander, green chillies and lemon juice.
5. Transfer to a serving plate.