Friday, 13 June 2014

Kuhn Rikon Knives Giveway

I spend a lot of time in my kitchen cooking, baking and creating food. Having the right tools in the kitchen is imperative especially when it comes to knives and utensils. Food preparation before cooking is the most important part of any recipe and having the right type of knives makes the preparation smooth and easy. All my kitchen knives over the years have become blunt and failed to perform well so when I was sent a set of kitchen knives from Kuhn Rikon I was over the moon.

The Kuhn Rikon knives are made from Authentic Japanese carbon stainless steel; they all have non-stick coating on them to ensure that food does not stick to the blade.There are different types of knives for using on different types of food:
  • Paring Knife-perfect for slicing cheese, peeling an apple or chopping vegetables
  • Serrated utility knife- perfect for slicing smooth skinned fruits and vegetables, bread or meat
  • Chefs knife-perfect for slicing meat, vegetables, fruit and cheese.
  • Bread knife-perfect for slicing bread with its sharp long serrated blade
  • Sandwich knife- this knife has two sides the smooth side for spreading and the serrated side for cutting and slicing.
The knives come in 5 vibrant colours; fuchsia, green, red, black and purple together with a matching safety sheath for safe storage and transportation and protecting the blade from getting damaged when the knife is not in use. All the knives are guaranteed for two years and are dishwasher safe.

The knives can be purchased in a set of four or separately. You can buy them on line or from many supermarkets and homeware stores. Prices start from as little as £ 4.50.

I would like to thank Kuhn Rikon for sending me the set of lovely colourful knives. They have become a favourite part of my kitchen ware. I can now glide through my tomatoes and slice them perfectly; my fresh bread is now beautifully sliced and does not end in a crumpled mess on my bread board. I am able to julienne my veg to perfection due to the sharp paring knife and chopping vegetables for stir fries has become a joy with my chefs knife. Of course I can’t forget the sandwich prep, now my sandwich knife spreads and cuts all in one and it’s so useful.
All the views and opinions given in this post are my own and unbiased.

Kuhn Rikon have been very kind, they have offered to send one simplyfood reader a set of knives consisting of a Paring Knife, Serrated utility knife, Chef’s knife and Bread knife.

How To Enter:
  • Simply complete the Rafflecopter widget below to verify your entries
  • Entries can be via blog comment, Facebook, Twitter etc
  • This competition is open to UK residents only over the age of 18 only. Please read the rules below.
  • Leaving a blog comment is mandatory and failure to do so will void any other entries.
  • Closing date - 5th July  2014 12.00 am

How Rafflecopter works:

·        You will need to complete the mandatory entry first – usually making a blog comment. You can do this by clicking on leave a comment at the bottom of the post and leaving your reply in the comment box.Please note your comment will not show immediately as it needs to be moderated however rest assured it will appear on the site, so carry on with rest of entries.
·        Login to Rafflecopter – click to see what the question is. Make a comment answering the question on the blog.
·        Go back to Rafflecopter and click the green button to tell me you have made a comment, this will unlock all the other options. All entries are checked to see that the mandatory question is answered, if its not all bonus entries will become void.
·        Rafflecopter will tweet, like and follow on your behalf.
·        For information on how to find the URL of your tweet click here
·        For bonus entries you can return to this page and enter the daily bonus entries.
·        If you are still unsure as to how Rafflecopter works please do check out this short video.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

240 comments:

1. A particular knife I have as it's brilliant for paring, slicing, chopping, allsorts

ReplyDelete
  2. A good sharp knife and a decent chopping board - I love chopping!

3. my little mixer, to make soups with

4. my multi purpose grater as it can be used for so many things in the kitchen

ReplyDelete
  5. I love my blender for making soups and smoothies!

6. My Veg Peeler, it is easy to use & saves a lot of time

7. The multi purpose knife as i seem to use it for everything

ReplyDelete
  8. My vegetable knife ( Melanie M )

9. a sharp narrow cheese knife, perfect thin slices every time

10. My blender comes in very handy to make smoothies
    (Kim Neville)

ReplyDelete
  11. My favourite utensil has just died a death- a wooden handled, carbon steel knife that was 5" long (sharpened down over years from 8"). I reach for it several times a day and am always disappointed in it's loss.

ReplyDelete
  12. My whisk - no idea why I usually need it for baking and I'm rubbish at that lol

13. Gavin O'Shaughnessy13 June 2014 at 22:50

My blender that is used to make homemade soup :)

14. I love my Juicer use it every day XX

ReplyDelete
  15. My Juicer. Great way to get your 5 - 10 a day. Some amazing recipes with some great twists to add some unusual flavours to hit yoru taste buds.

ReplyDelete
  16. My grater, as I use to grate cheese and also to grate veggies as I'm not good at cutting finely.

ReplyDelete
  17. My whisk, couldn't do without it :-)

ReplyDelete
  18. A ladle, for slopping lovely soup into bowls!

ReplyDelete
  19. My garlic press. Used so much I usually need a new one each year.

ReplyDelete
  20. The chef's knife I use for everything.

ReplyDelete
  21. My veg peeling knife is probably my fave as I use it all the time - admittedly it's not as sharp as it used to be and I could do with replacing most of my knives for the same reason. Also the kettle and cafetiere as I love my fresh coffee (I might have chosen the coffee machine but it isn't used quite as much as the cafetiere, that is on almost constant use!) Fingers crossed hoping for a little bit of luck to come my way now

ReplyDelete
  22. My Cleaver. Crushes, chops, slices...even scoops food up to chuck in pans. :)

ReplyDelete
  23. My veggie peeler... just love it!

24. Edward Guerreiro14 June 2014 at 03:51

Without hesitation, I would choose my 'Kenwood CH180 Mini Chopper'. Best kitchen purchase I have ever made. I use it almost every day.

ReplyDelete
  25. The garlic crusher that we were given for a wedding present 37 years ago. It's the only one I've ever tried that crushes cleanly and efficiently and is still going strong with daily use over all these years

26. My combination microwave oven

ReplyDelete
  27. A particular knife I use for almost everything.

28. My Food Processor - so versatile

29. katarina micallef14 June 2014 at 08:00

I am obsessed with my spiral cutter at the moment, perfect for turning courgettes into healthy spaghetti!

30. a sharp vegetable knife

ReplyDelete
  31. I have a small serrated knife which I use for almost everything, I also love my food processor

32. Garlic press :-)

ReplyDelete
  33. my spaghetti scoop - it's brilliant for lifting pasta, but also great for protecting eggs whilst they boil

ReplyDelete
  34. The kettle. Couldn't live without it.

ReplyDelete
  35. A Sabatier general purpose knife which I got many years' ago from collecting tokens from breakfast cereal

36. laura jayne bates14 June 2014 at 11:29

my apple corer and slicer

ReplyDelete
  37. A small sabatier carbon steel knife which serves most purposes apart from chopping

ReplyDelete
  38. My kettle... couldn't be a tea jenny without it! :) (Lynda Brown)

39. my trusty old veg pealer

40. microwave - used for nearly every meal

ReplyDelete
  41. I've just been given a pineapple cutter which is brilliant fun but my favourite utensil is a little knife I've had for a long time. WendyJSmith - on Twitter

ReplyDelete
  42. It was my medium sized knife that came in a set with a magnetic knife block. about a month ago the blade just snapped off :(

43. My aeropress coffee maker,

44. My stainless steel vegetable peeler. Couldn't manage without it
    (Karen Delaney)

ReplyDelete
  45. My peeler - I've never been able to find another the same or half as good!

Hazel Rea - @beachrambler

ReplyDelete
  46. My small Kitchen Devils knife.

ReplyDelete
  47. most useful - food processor, most used - kettle! :)

48. My Joseph Joseph Garlic crusher

49. My hand blender I'd be lost without it

ReplyDelete
  50. My ancient and nearly dead 50's melamine set of 3 lifters - use them for everything and they withstand heat and cold, microwave and whatever - it'll be the ravages of time that gets them!

ReplyDelete
  51. My electric hand whisk. Saves so much time and no achy arm feelings :)

ReplyDelete
  52. My hand electric hand whisk, it saves so much time and so easy to use and clean!

ReplyDelete
  53. My metal tongs. They were my mother's and have saved me from many burns as I can move almost anything with them.

54. My potato peeling knife I love it

55. A GOOD SHARP KNIFE IS ESSENTIAL

ReplyDelete
  56. My mixer! - mixing up soup!

ReplyDelete
  57. My thermomix is great for making virtually everything !

58. a really sharp vegetable knife

59. my peeler, it is at least 18 years old, but i still love it

60. My electric whisk for making cakes and whipping cream

61. Halogen oven - hardly ever use the main oven anymore

ReplyDelete
  62. do they work , how do you sharpen them?

63. Tin opener :)

Anthony G

ReplyDelete
  64. My potato masher. My partner says cleaver.

ReplyDelete
  65. Ooh these would have to be displayed somewhere in my kitchen. How stylish!

66. Chef's knife

ReplyDelete
  67. blender as I love to make smoothies! :)

68. My big knife I use for everything

ReplyDelete
  69. Microwave,how did we ever live without them?

70. I have a favourite knife that I use for everything

71. my trusty vegetable peeler it is so fast and easy to handle

ReplyDelete
  72. A lovely sharp knife that works well on everything.

ReplyDelete
  73. I love my food processor, its the fastest and most efficient way is grating cheese! Vrrrmmm

ReplyDelete
  74. My sharp little knife that I use everyday.

75. My little vegetable knife, I use it for so many things

76. potato peeler, would be lost without it :D

ReplyDelete
  77. I have a knife that's half serrated knife, half palette knife - I use it all the time.

78. Potato peeler.

Rachel Craig

ReplyDelete
  79. What is your favourite kitchen utensil?
    my washer upper aka my husband lol

80. My garlic press :)

81. spatula, use it for eveything

ReplyDelete
  82. My left handed serrated knife :)

83. frying pan
    dcavender@fsmail.net

ReplyDelete
  84. I love my paring knife as I use it for nearly everything!

ReplyDelete
  85. My potato masher - theres something very satisfying about mashing up a big pot of spuds

86. my slow cooker for stews/cassaroles

ReplyDelete
  87. My blender. I'm so lazy in the kitchen haha.

ReplyDelete
  88. Grater.. i just love grating :)

89. my little mixer, to make soups with

ReplyDelete
  90. a cast iron pan i have, old as the hills and heavy as anything but not a thing sticks to it.

ReplyDelete
  91. My potato peeler, the only one ive found that takes the peel off with minimal effort

ReplyDelete
  92. my kenwood chef mixer. i love it.

ReplyDelete
  93. My cheese mill that I recently bought from the Ideal Homes Show.

94. chopping knife

95. chefs knife definitely

ReplyDelete
  96. My breadmaker. Fills the whole house with one of my favourite smells and the end product is delicious 3:)

ReplyDelete
  97. My favourite item is my hand mixer because I love making cakes and buttercream is so much better when it's mixed properly

98. My speed peeler

ReplyDelete
  99. I've got this cool little peeler/grater devise my aunty in New Zealand sent me. It's very handy.

ReplyDelete
  100. My sharp vegetable knife - so useful.

ReplyDelete
  101. My 30 year old straining spoon!

ReplyDelete
  102. I love my vegetable peeler. It's just how I like it :)

ReplyDelete
  103. My mandolin , love the thinness I get, love experimenting with making my own crisps.

ReplyDelete
  104. Potato masher. Quicker and easier than food processors and I think it makes nicer mash.

ReplyDelete
  105. My microwave - I couldn't live without it!

106. My rotary cheese grater

@jaizduck

ReplyDelete
  107. garlic press it changed my life!

ReplyDelete
  108. Timer is so important for me :)

@jamiecomps

ReplyDelete
  109. My electronic potato peeler , I hate peeling them .

110. my mixer, great for cake making

ReplyDelete
  111. A very sharp veg knife that used to belong to my ex (he was a chef) It cuts through anything :D

112. My apple corer, I love sliced apples and its so easier with my corer

ReplyDelete
  113. The grater, its so versatile i love it!

ReplyDelete
  114. I love a pair of tongs!!
    Felicity kelly

115. My Masher. Can't beat home made mash

ReplyDelete

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to motivate.”
Thankyou for taking the time to post "that kind word" , its very inspiring.If you enjoyed your visit and would like regular updates please take a moment to join via google connect widget in the side bar.
If you leave a question that needs answering please make sure your profile has an email ID enabled so I can reply to it.

Please do not leave your site URL in comment section.Please note any spam comment using this space as free advertising will be PROMPTLY deleted as will all anonymous comments.