In the UK the yogurt council launched for the first time Yogurt week during May. This was to bring awareness to the public about the health benefits of yogurt. I love yogurt and use it a lot in my cooking so when the yogurt council announced a competition to create and style a yogurt recipe I was very excited to enter. This is my entry for #yogurtstylist competition hosted by yogurt council.
Fresh strawberries and strawberry yoghurt frozen to give you a lovely refreshing Strawberry yogurt pop
450 g Strawberry yogurt
200 g sweetened condensed milk
200 g fresh strawberries
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon strawberry essence
1. Hull the strawberries and chop them up into cubes.
2. In a saucepan add the strawberries and the sugar and cook the mixture until all the sugar melts and strawberries break down.
3.Remove strawberry coulis from heat and stir in 1/2 teaspoon of strawberry essence and leave aside to cool.
4. In a blender jug add the strawberry yogurt, strawberry essence and the condensed milk and blend together.
5. Pour the strawberry coulis prepared earlier in to the ice pop moulds so that the moulds are about quarter filled. Place the moulds in the freezer for 15 minutes to slightly set the strawberry coulis.
6. After 15 minutes take the ice pop moulds from the freezer and pour the yoghurt mixture on top of the strawberry coulis layer.
7. Slightly tap the moulds to disperse any air bubbles. Push in the pop stick and return the pops back to the freezer to set over night.
8. To serve, remove the pops from the freezer and dip the moulds in a bowl of warm water to release them from the moulds. This will help to de mould the pops easily.