Mushroom and Fennel Curry
Spicy Mushroom and fennel curry with baby tomatoes.
- 240 g /8 oz button mushrooms diced into 1cm pieces
- 1 bulb fennel cleaned and diced into 1cm pieces
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 12 baby tomatoes cut into quarters
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon mild olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 red chilli finely sliced for garnish.
1. In a pan add the oil and wait for it to heat up.Once the oil is hot add the mustard seeds and wait for them to splutter.2. Add the garlic and onions and saute until onions are translucent.3. Add the mushrooms and fennel and saute for 5 more minutes until both are almost cooked.4. Add the salt, chilli powder, turmeric, tomatoes, coriander powder, cumin powder and toss the vegetables to coat with the spices.5. Cook for another 3-4 minutes after which transfer the curry to a serving bowl and garnish with red chilli slices.
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield:serves 4
In my VEG BOX ~Mushrooms event by citrusspice guest hosted by Mayuris Jikoni